Crystal Grooming Awards Nomination Ballots Now Available
NEW YORK—Nomination ballots for the 2011 Crystal Grooming Awards are now available online. Click here to download a copy of the ballot.
The 2011 Crystal Grooming Awards will be presented by Grooming Business magazine and the World Pet Association (WPA) at the Groomer SuperShow on Tuesday, Sept.13, 2011. WPA produces the grooming show in conjunction with its pet industry trade show, SuperZoo. Both shows will be hosted at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas Sept. 13-15, 2011.
Instituted in 1988 and sponsored by Cardinal Laboratories, the prestigious Cardinal Crystal Awards were created to establish standards of grooming excellence and recognizing professional skills in the competitive grooming industry. This year’s awards will honor the industry’s top groomers and grooming businesses in a variety of categories, including:
• Competitive Groomer of the Year
• International Competitor of the Year
• Best Retail Grooming Salon (≤ 5 units)
• Best Retail Grooming Salon (> 5 units to 250 units)
• Mobile Groomer of the Year
• Grooming Judge of the Year
• Best “Up-and-Coming Groomers” (two winners will be honored)
“The World Pet Association is honored to have been selected at the host of the grooming industry’s premier awards show,” said Doug Poindexter, president of WPA. “We are thrilled to enhance the Groomer SuperShow with the prestigious Crystal Grooming Awards, and we’re looking forward to the continued expansion of our show offerings to grooming businesses and professionals in the years to come.”
Recipients of the Crystal Grooming Awards will be honored at a cocktail reception after the SuperZoo show floor closes on September 13, 2011.
2010’s Crystal Awards Winners included:
• Olga Zabelinskaya, American Groomer of the Year and Winner of The Congeniality Award
• Deb Ryan, International Groomer of the Year
• Lisa Leady, Grooming Contest Judge of the Year and Winner of The David G. Salzberg Award
• Anne Francis, Grooming Journalist of the Year
For a copy of the nomination ballot, click here.